10 Content Ideas for Photographers to Try This Month
Finding content ideas isn't hard but adapting them to our businesses can sometimes be a challenge. Here are 10 ideas that you can use, most of them with examples from my own account. AND to make it even better for my camera shy friends, most of them don't even require you showing your face.
1. Introduce yourself in a reel and tell your audience why you aren't like other photographers. See my example.
2. Show the unboxing of a product. Do you have a client order coming in or a new sample? Film video snippets as you pick up the package, carry it to the place where you are going to open it up, open it up, then show it off. You can do this in four short clips, and you don't even have to show your face or talk. Add a nice piece of music and the words, "NEW PRODUCT ALERT" over the video. Here is one way I did it. and another example
3. Take a short clip of you feet as you walk somewhere. Relate the walking to something in your business.
4. Do a quick tutorial for your desired client. A quick posing tip, what to wear, timing tip. Don't over think it, take something small and tell them about it.
5. Back to School is coming so give some tips on how to take great First Day of School pictures with their camera on their phone. (Pet photographer's we all need these kinds of pictures for our furry kids too! Have some fun with it!) Even better if give ideas that incorporate things like school buses, backpacks, playgrounds, etc. . .
6. Share a quote about how pictures are important. Feel free to use this one: "Photography is the art of frozen time, the ability to stor emotion and feelings within a frame." Meshack Oteino OR "Photography is the story I fail to put into words." - Destin Sparks
7. Start teasing your upcoming Fall specials
8. Share a story from a recent session. Something your client loved, a funny thing a client said, keep it positive and fun. People love stories.
9. Hyperlapse of you setting up for a session with a voice over. Check out how I have done this.
There are so many ways for you to show off your business to your audience. In all of these examples you can show your face or not. Have fun with this and let me know if you need more help!
Bonus Tip - You are a LOCAL Business. Remember that in your marketing. Tag other local businesses, show local recognizable areas, speak specifically to your audience about the things they see and do every day.
Do you struggle with creating content for your business? Many, in fact most, small business owners do. I can help. If you really want to start putting out content that brings in clients, not just followers. I can help. Check out my coaching programs and let's create a business that lights you up AND pays your bills.
Check out Dorie's coaching programs here.
Not ready for a full fledged coaching experience? Here is my AI cheatsheet that will help you navigate using AI in your business. This can be your best friend to make marketing easier. Dorie's AI Cheatsheet
Stay connected with news and updates!
Finding information is sooooo much easier when it is delivered to your inbox. Get all the news delivered fresh by adding your email to our quickly growing list.
We hate SPAM, heck we even hate too many emails. We will never sell your info or flood your inbox with too many messages.